We invited you to join us as we launch into new opportunities and connect with creatives, educators, and natural and cultural history interpreters from around the world!
3,2,1 … Blast Off! The StoryToGo Classroom Soft Launches
Phew! It’s been a busy Spring and Summer for us, as we’ve been building the new StoryToGo Classroom and developing and teaching some initial courses there.
We’d love to invite you to come check it out. Just click on the button below.
As those of you that are regular readers here are aware, StoryToGo is a community site developed by Lori Yearwood, Kevin Ribble, and myself (Erica Hargreave) to explore contemporary storytelling, education, and culture with colleagues from across Canada and around the World.
While we are just getting started, stay tuned on the site for:
- Contemporary Storytelling Courses (spanning the arts)
- Marketing and Branding Courses
- Technology Courses
- Youth Camps, Classes, and Virtual Field Trips
- A Culture Hub (with courses that allow you to virtually travel and learn about different cultures around the world)
- A Health and Wellness Centre (with classes and courses in yoga, mindfulness, office exercises, and nature escapes)
- A Teacher Hub (with resources for educators)
If you are interested in creating and building courses with us, please reach out. We’d love to chat. Aside from creatives in a variety of disciplines, we’d also love to involve some of the tourism, parks, and arts organizations that we’ve worked with over the years in developing classes and courses for the Culture Hub and Health and Wellness Centre.
The Courses on the site are a mix of Open, Free, Paid, and Private Group Courses. Below we share a few of the initial courses that are available there now.
Some of the Initial Camps and Courses in the StoryToGo Classroom
As we soft launch the new StoryToGo Classroom site, we invite you to checkout our initial classes, camps and courses!
- Two Truths and a Lie Online: Media Literacy for Young Adults (this course is a good resource for teachers)
- Relaxing Yoga with Lori
- Elementari Tutorial – Learn to Write & Code Interactive Stories (this course is a good resource for teachers, parents, and children’s book authors)
Online Summer Camps:
Online Music Lessons:
- Private Piano Lessons
- Beginner Piano – 5-7 yr olds
- Beginner Piano – 8-10 yr olds
- Beginner Piano – 11-13 yr olds
- Beginner Piano – 14-16 yr olds
Upcoming Online Camps and Courses at BCIT
We are rather delighted to be developing and delivering BCIT’s first ever online summer camp!
The camp, Animated Stories, will be offered twice this summer:
- July 27 – 31 for 8 – 13 year olds
- August 10 – 14 for 13 – 17 year olds
Also this coming Autumn, we will be offering both of our post-secondary accredited, online courses through BCIT’s Broadcast Media and Communications Part Time Studies Program.
We hope to see you in class!
In other exciting news, we have just signed a contract with Tom Skerritt’s new channel, EVRGRN, to stream and distribute the full documentary version of Naturally Ours : Salt Spring Island. This means new channels and air dates to catch the documentary, starting with STIRR for those of you in the United States!
Stories That Matter to Us
The last few months have held many things that impact our team of storytellers deeply and personally. We’ve done a little writing on that.
Black Lives Matter
- In Regards to Police Brutality, I Found these Statistics – an Open Letter
- A Brief History of Systemic Racism – an Open Letter
- The Power of the Protest – Positive Changes Coming from the June 2020 Black Lives Matter Protests
- Protesting Perspective – June 2020 Black Lives Matter Protests
- An Interactive Yoga Travel Story for Kids
- The Apple – A Lesson in Finding Your Undiscovered Potential
- The Lemon – A Lesson in Overcoming Fear and Anxiety in Our Travels
- On the Go Mindfulness Activities
- Heart Opening Yoga Poses
Healthy & Fun
- Bircher Muesli – a Swiss Recipe for a Healthy Body
- Soupe de Chalet – Swiss Recipe and History
- Natural Anti-Inflammatories: Concocting a Turmeric Ginger Tea
Connecting from Afar
Recently Lori and I had fun participating in an Unconference that Torre hosted. This was a great way to connect with new colleagues around the world and discuss ideas.
Future StoryToGo Unconf
As such we are exploring the idea of hosting a StoryToGo Unconference this coming winter as a way of bringing people together around the world in the creative arts, tourism, education, technology, and health and wellness. If this is something that you’d enjoy developing with us, please drop us a line.
Stress Free Summer Festival
Speaking of connecting from afar, our friends at Master Peace are hosting a week of interesting and free talks until Friday July 17th, with their Stress Free Summer Festival for those of you interested in partaking.
Stay safe and well, and find things to keep you laughing and dreaming.
With healthy wishes from Erica, Lori, Kevin, Anne, Alex and the rest of our Ahimsa Media, StoryToGo and Roamancing team.