In order to encourage conversation around contemporary storytelling in it’s many forms, and connect those of us working in a multitude of disciplines in creative endeavours across Canada and around the world, StoryToGo publishes articles monthly on topics around contemporary storytelling and education from professionals working in creative fields and education across Canada and around the world. Our writers are paid, and while we expect that the articles they submit here to be unique and not published elsewhere online, they maintain the intellectual property over their ideas and writing.
Erica Hargreave and Lori Yearwood are the editors of this digital magazine.
All pitches should be sent to email@example.com, with the subject line indicating the subject matter of the pitch.
To submit a pitch to us for consideration, please:
1. Read our digital magazine regularly to get a sense of our tone and style, and become familiar with StoryToGo’s editorial vision.
2. We publish smart and accessible prose, that are intended to get readers thinking, dreaming, and learning. We are always interested in original thinking, under told histories and marginalized voices that challenge the status quo, and unique ways of approaching storytelling. As educators, as well as storytellers, we want to help our readers create in an accessible manner and connect communities across creative endeavours.
3. Refine your pitch. Tell us the subject you wish to write about. Give us 2-3 sentences describing how you wish to write about that subject, and tell us why you wish to write this article.
4. Check to see if we have already published an article on this subject, and if so, make sure the article that you are pitching is different in it’s approach to the subject.
5. Convey the tone with which you will write your article in your pitch.
6. If you have not worked with us before, please link or attach one or two relevant articles that you have written.
7. Tell us how long it will take you to write the article and let us know if you are pitching your idea to other publications simultaneously so that we can get back to you within an appropriate time frame.
Thank you for your time. We look forward to reading your writing!
~ Erica and Lori
Our Editorial Process (aka things you’ll likely want to know):
- Due to our sadly limited time, only writers whose pitches are accepted for publication will be contacted by reply email.
- Pitches are consensus-vetted by the editorial team monthly.
- Payment is delivered at time of publication.